Name: Nutan Shinde-Pawar
Title: Freelance adventure and ghostwriter, social media marketeer
Rock climbing (bouldering mainly but I do all types including trad also. The highest grade is 6a+ in Boulder. I have climbed in all of the known places like Himachal Pradesh, Ladakh, Karnataka, Maharashtra etc. I don’t train it is mostly leisure, fun climbing.), hiking, adventure travel, and Fitness.
Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology
- Basic Mountaineering Course from Jawaharlal Institute of Mountaineering, Jammu Kashmir, India (A grade)
- Articles featured in the top (print and online) outdoor publications like Alpinist, Outside Online, UKClimbing, Rock and Ice, Travel and Leisure, etc.
- Personal journey featured in the Summit Magazine Edition 2020 (British Mountaineering Council) as “Climbing Women of the World”
Create the life you want.
— NUTAN SHINDE-PAWAR, OUTDOOR WRITER
Nutan is a former Software Engineer turned writer and outdoor traveler. She believes in embracing NEW adventures, just like her name suggests. Besides exploring the great outdoors through climbing and hiking, she has a passion for writing. She enjoys lending her words to bring out powerful narratives of ordinary individuals achieving extraordinary feats.
Her articles have been featured on platforms like Redbull, Outside Online (Climbing.com), UKClimbing, GearJunkie, ExplorersWeb, Kids Stop Press, WomensWeb, Trek the Himalayas, Dreamwanderlust, and more. In addition, she also works as a freelance Social Media Manager, collaborating with various brands and brand ambassadors.
Interests, Hobbies and Passions
High-altitude trekking/Himalayan treks
What’s your Favourite Country and City/ Why?
I am a proud Indian. So my favorite locations to climb in India are the mighty Himalayas and the Himalayan states ie. Jammu Kashmir, Ladakh, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Sikkim.
Next on my wishlist are Bhutan, Nepal and Arunachal Pradesh (India)
What’s your latest passion or business side hustle? Do share with us more if any?
- I’ve expanded my own blogs to include topics about personal development, mental health, and spiritual growth. I am super excited about this and believe that these articles will undoubtedly help readers in their journey of self-discovery.
- I am also working with my father-in-law to revive the lost art of copper tinning (which is our family business). I wish to preserve this historical art form and eventually grow the business.
If there is 1 piece of advice you can give to travellers, what would it be?
Don’t view travel as an escape. Don’t run away from your everyday life in the name of travel. Instead, utilize travel as a means of self-discovery.
Follow me! Social Media Handles