Many have asked me how I got to my current state – an adventure travelholic who is pursuing my passions and living life to the fullest.
I am still getting there and have much to learn, but to pursue what you want, these 3 things can be of help :
- A mix of the like-minded people you surround yourself with
- Similar kind of passions/ activities
- Inspirational quotes I live by that made me who I am – for this case – Travel Quotes
A few simple words can have very great impact if it is used well and propels you in the right direction.
So here’s ranking the top 30 travel and vacation quotes that I live/ inspire others by:
1. Vacation Quote #30: ”Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer” – Anonymous
Traveling costs money, and a lot of money at times. But if you look beyond just the credits and debits from your bank account, having a spirit of traveling can rewards you mentally and emotional far beyond any monthly pay check can.
2. #29: ‘ I haven’t been everywhere, but its on my list’ – Susan Sontag
Travelling is addictive, and the more you get out of it the first few times, the more you want it. Its technically impossible to travel the whole world, but the desire to explore new places should be there. Holding on to these holiday quotes help you remember to pursue little breaks that you need a few times a year!
3. #28: ” Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less traveled by, and it has made all the difference”- Robert Frost
Following the crowd is the safe path with the least resistance and questions from people, but at the end of the path, will you regret your choice? Be careful what path you choose in your life.
4. #27: ”A mind stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
Open my eyes that I may see. Feel, taste, experience and be in awe by all that is around you.
5. #26 ”Life begins at the end of your comfort zone” – Neale Donald Walsch
Life is too short to be stagnant. Always seek more, dare to try and explore your potential.
6. #25 : ” The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page”- Saint Augustine
Keep reading, keep learning. There is much to learn from your travels than just googling it.
7. #24 : ”We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us”- Anonymous
Always live life to the fullest of your potential and never give up and think you are not good enough.
8. #23 : ”Life is either a daring adventure or nothing”- Helen Keller
Always seek out to challenge yourself and better yourself. Our lives is precious, don’t waste it.
9. #22 : ”Not all who wander are lost”- J.R.R Tolkien
Last but not least, presenting my top travel and vacation quote to inspire you:
10. #21 : ” Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do…” – Mark Twain
Holiday anyone? Time to take that first step to pursue that love for travel, feed that travelbug and wanderlust spirit in you that got lost along the way while you grow up and got jaded by the adult world.
11. #20: “The world’s big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir
John Muir was an Scottish-American author, philosopher and naturalist among his many talents. He held occupations such as geologist, writer and botanist. It is in this motivational quote that readers can seek inspiration to travel the world before your life flashes before your eyes.
12. #19: “Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
One of the most famous poets and philosophers from Boston, Massachusetts was Ralph Waldo Emerson. This gifted man studied at Harvard Divinity School and led the transcendentalist movement. This inspiring quote reminds us that nature is patient and serene, much like humans should be. Traveling to different places in the world will ensure to you that nature is still the same everywhere, regardless of the difference in culture, language, etc.
13. #18: “Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influence of the earth.”
― Henry David Thoreau
Another poet, historian and naturalist from Massachusetts is Henry David Thoreau. Thoreau’s interests included biology, poetry, politics and history. This brilliant quote was scripted in the famous work, Walden. A simple life among nature might be considered one of the simplistic ways to live or travel.
14. #17: “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”
― Isaac Newton
Isaac Newton was the famous mathematician and astronomer who discovered gravity. He studied in fields such as physics, natural philosophy, economics and alchemy. One of his favorite places to be was within Nature’s beauty. It is no coincidence that he was under an apple tree when he discovered gravity. Let nature show you the real meaning of adventure by climbing or hiking mountain ranges or skiing down the Alps.
15. #16: “The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”
― Eleanor Roosevelt
Eleanor Roosevelt was the First Lady of the United States from March 1933 until April 1945. Her role as First Lady helped pave the way for many women during this time. She fought for women’s rights, spoke out for children’s causes and had her own newspaper column. This amazing woman fought for what she believed was true and we should look to her words for guidance.
16. #15: “The only way to overcome fear is to have courage. Because you’re not going to get rid of fear. It’s not going to go away. But it can overtake you or you can overtake it.”
― Colette Butler
We always regard older figures in life as wise people but what about the people of this generation. Colette Butler is the wife of author, Shay Carl. She is an internet star and YouTube sensation. She has five children and still manages to keep up with relevant news. Sometimes some words of encouragement, like these, can help a person overcome their fears.
17. #14: “If you can’t figure out your purpose, figure out your passion. For your passion will lead you right into your purpose.”—Bishop T.D. Jakes
Thomas Dexter Jakes, also known as Bishop T.D. Jakes is a pastor, author and recently acclaimed filmmaker. His work with the church began forty years ago and he has been inspiring people from around the world since 1980. He was even lucky enough to led a morning prayer service for the former Present Barack Obama in 2009. He has been a successful pastor for so many years because he found his true passion.
18. #13: “One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn’t do.” -Henry Ford
Henry Ford was the founder of Ford Motor Company and made the American Dream possible with the affordability of the car. Ford could not make cars but he did find a way to accomplish something he feared wasn’t possible. Let us all take a page out of Ford’s book and accomplish something great.
19. #12- “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.” -Earl Nightingale
One of the famous voices of the 1950’s was of Earl Nightingale. He was a radio speaker and author. His book The Strangest Secret, awarded Nightingale many records, awards and induction into the National Speakers Association Speaker Hall of Fame. His dream took many years to accomplish but he did not let it slip away.
20. #11: “Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.” – Francis Chan
Another pastor/author on this list is Francis Chan. Chan is the founder of Eternity Bible College as well as Cornerstone. His philosophy in life is to try for things that will make you happy. The fear of failure should be non-existent because we gave ourselves courage to try the things that made us uneasy.
21. #10: “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore. ”
Greek playwright, Aristophanes, was famous for his whimsical comedies. He helped flourish comedy playwright in an era that had seen so much drama and tragedy. He was no afraid to march into the unknown and unleash his plays among the suffering people of Athens. His quote gives hope to those who wish to explore but fear the unknown. You might lose sight of the “shore” but you will never forget the shore because you choose to venture outdoors to new places.
22. #9: “Now I see the secret of making the best person, it is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.” -Walt Whitman
Walt Whitman was a talented journalist, writer and humanist during the 19th century. Whitman wrote of many things such as death, nature, outdoors and sexuality. The only way to understand the real you is to allow yourself to give into Nature. The open air and earth are the purest things in the world so why not go explore what they can offer you?
23. #8: “In wisdom gathered over time I have found that every experience is a form of exploration.”
― Ansel Adams
The most famous landscape black-and-white images of the 20th century was by Ansel Adams. His love for nature and the outdoors since the age of 12 (during a visit to Yosemite National Park), helped shape how he viewed the world. Outdoor adventures can led to explorations that you didn’t even know existed.
24. #7: “Adventure is allowing the unexpected to happen to you. Exploration is experiencing what you have not experienced before. How can there be any adventure, any exploration, if you let somebody else – above all, a travel bureau – arrange everything before-hand?”
― Richard Aldington
Richard Aldington was a poet and army man. He traveled to places like France and Russia. Aldington gave a true quote to live by in his novel, Death of a Hero. In my opinion, why not pick a destination of your choice or climb whatever mountain you want and have the adventure of a lifetime, without any worries.
25. #6: “Don’t die without embracing the daring adventure your life was meant to be.” – Steve Pavlina
One of the youngest authors on this list is Steve Pavlina. He is a blogger, motivational speaker and author of the book Personal Development for Smart People. His run-in with the law in 1991 helped Pavlina renew his respect for life and adventure. I think we, as humans, should life our lives to the fullest!
26. #5: “Adventure isn’t hanging on a rope off the side of a mountain. Adventure is an attitude that we must apply to the day to day obstacles in life.” – John Amatt
John Amatt was a British actor who starred in films such as Dr. Crippen and Licensed to Kill. The need to face new opportunities is the only way we can create challenges in our lives. This quote might literally be stating that rock climbing does not mean being adventurous, but to some people it does.
27. Travel Sayings #4: “Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends, but is played out over and over again in the quietest chambers. The mind can never break off from the journey.”
― Pat Conroy
Pat Conroy was a literary American author of novels and memoirs. Regardless of where you are in the world, even you most interesting and exciting outdoor adventures will hold a special place in your heart. Just because the adventure has ended, it doesn’t mean that you will never travel again.
28. Travel Sayings #3: “Tourists went on holidays while travellers did something else. They travelled.”
― Alex Garland
Another young film producer and author is Alex Garland. Garland is also a famous screenwriter and director of films such as 28 Days and Ex Machina, This particularly famous quote comes from his novel, The Beach. I think that fully embrace another’s culture is a great way to become a traveler and not a tourist.
29. Travel Sayings #2: “A wise man travels to discover himself.”
― James Russell Lowell
A third Massachusetts man on this list is James Russell Lowell. He was an editor, diplomat, poet and critic. His life provided great sorrow with the deaths of his children and wife, but he continued living and traveling. Discovering new outdoor activities in unacquainted territories is one wat to help discover yourself.
30. Travel Sayings #1: “There was nowhere to go but everywhere, so just keep on rolling under the stars.”
Jack, also known as Jean-Louis Kerouac was a poet and novelist during the hippie movement. In his young life he produced works such as On the Road and Desolation Angels. I believe that no matter what city you are in the night sky is same everywhere, but it is the fun adventures and activities you partake in that make a difference. You can find a rock-climbing adventure in your hometown just as you would find a climbing escapade abroad.
The quotes should be true standards to live by. Each of these 20 quotes were spoken or written by people who understood life and what it meant to live. Just like each person reading this article, there are quotes that may speak to you more than others. Just know that traveling, being outdoors, exploring nature and unknown countries is a great way to find your own way in the world.
So concluding the top 30 best travel sayings and quotes about vacation to live by, and to spur that wanderlust in you.
Which of these quotes will you hold while overcoming the journeys in life?
To read more about how I ditched my high heels for hiking boots to pursue a lifetime of travel.